Assistant Caretaker Vacancy
Part-time, permanent contract to help the School Premises Manager maintain the school’s facilities (including the new Sports Hall) to a safe and high-quality environment for pupils, staff and public hirers.
You’ll be reliable, hands-on and able to work on your own initiative with our full-time Premises Manager’s support.
Hours: 15 hours per week (3 hours per day – late afternoon/early evening Monday – Friday – flexible to suit the right person)
You will be responsible for:
- Site Security (locking/unlocking/setting alarms)
- Sports Hall and Classroom Hire – e.g. checking facilities and setting up equipment if needed
- Monitoring stock levels and ordering cleaning products for the cleaning team
- Maintenance of premises and furnishings (minor repairs and decoration plus movement of equipment/furniture around the school site)
- Outdoor Duties (clearing gutters, gritting in winter, checking minibus)
Full details of the main duties and responsibilities of the post-holder are listed in the job description/person specification.
Salary: NJC Grade 3 £18,933 full time equivalent = £7,675 p.a. approx. (£9.81 per hour) including 6.5 weeks’ paid holiday.
WE CAN OFFER YOU:· Full training · First Aid at Work qualification · Employee benefits including an Employee Assistance Programme & Cycle to Work scheme
· Opportunity to join LGPS Pension Scheme· Free onsite parking.
Interviews: Week commencing 14th February 2022
Start Date: As soon as possible
To apply, please complete the application form (see Associated Documents) and email it to email@example.com before the closing date.
The Headteacher and the Governing Body of Winchcombe School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS certificate is required for this post.