Year 11 Transitions
This page contains information and guidance to support you with your transition from Winchcombe School into the next phase of your education, training or employment.
A virtual support package is available to you over the coming weeks. Your school email address and login will remain active until October 2021. This is the best way of keeping in contact with us as you have access to the school address book. If you need in-person support please make sure you make an appointment with staff in advance.
Virtual Tutor Drop-In
Sessions will run twice a week from 8.50am to 9.15am via Microsoft Teams. Your tutor will set-up these meetings for you to attend. It is an opportunity to check-in with your tutor and ask any questions you might have about your future or simply a way of saying hi to your fellow students! Check your Outlook or Teams calendar
Careers or Post-16 Support
If you are concerned about applications or want further advice please contact Ms Willmott.
If you need to personal support or have worries pleas contact your Tutor, Mr Haynes or Ms Joyner. They may be able to offer support or help you find support going forwards.
|Balcarras||Work will be set on their website, available from June – each subject will set specific tasks to be completed over the summer (currently being updated)|
|Bournside||Work will be set on their website – applicants will be contacted when this is ready to access|
|Cirencester||‘Flying start’ work will be set as usual, accessed via the applicant portal. Details will be emailed to applicants after the May half term.|
|Cleeve||Summer work will be set – applicants will receive a letter telling them what to do and where to access the work|
|Gloscol||Work will be set on their website – applicants will be contacted and guided as to where to find the work|
|Prince Henry’s||Induction day 25th June with taster lessons and students will be set transition work on that day. Applicants will be emailed with the details.|
If you would like an idea of what transition work might look like, take a look at the transitions page from Churchdown School Academy (these are an example)
Online Courses (free)
- Practical Maths
- Computer Essentials
- Personal Growth and Wellbeing
- Professional Development
- Business and Finance
- Digital design and Marketing
- Computer Science
Support from GCC
This developing resource has:
- Next step/transition information for students, including apprenticeships and early careers. In the next week they will add more content to each of the sections, some of which will be interactive. At the moment they have only specifically listed Post 16 providers but they intend to expand this to include links to all schools that have 6th Forms
- Access to CEIAG resources. As from next week this will include the option to book an appointment to speak to an IAG professional.
- A link to the Future Me ambassadors website. Designed and managed by young people it is a developing library of resources and support.
- Pastoral Support – National and Local links to health and wellbeing organisations
- A ‘Can’t find what you’re looking for?’ button that links to our team email where they can respond to any specific questions or requests.